Economic Development | Moorpark, CA
Welcome to the Moorpark Economic Development Division
Welcome to Moorpark. As one of the state’s most educated communities, with one of the nation’s lowest crime rates, and with one of the highest qualities of life in the world, Moorpark welcomes you to open and expand your business.
The City’s Economic Development Division is ready to help you find a location in Moorpark for your business, usher you through permitting processes, and lift your entrepreneurial spirits. Please contact us at (805) 517-6213 to tell us how we can help.
While you’re here, check out the following:
Get to Know Moorpark
Our story continues where your story begins. Get to know what Moorpark can offer you, your business, your employees, and your customers
M-Powered: Your Moorpark Economic Update E-Newsletter
Subscribe now to the City’s M-Powered E-Newsletter to provide the Moorpark business community with the latest economic data, business opportunities, new business welcomes, and community resources available to make business thrive in Moorpark. You can also view the M-Powered Newsletter Archive to view past newsletters.
Economic Development Opportunities
Find your opportunity in Moorpark!
Business Forward VC
The ten cities of Ventura County, plus the County and the Economic Development Collaborative and the Workforce Development Board, have developed the Business Forward VC website, a business resource hub for the Moorpark and Ventura County region. The site contains a wealth of information to help your business thrive in Moorpark, including:
- Start-Up Assistance
- Tax Assistance
- Permit Assistance
- No-Cost Business Consulting
- Access to Capital and Funding
- Subsidized Employee Training
- Business Development and Learning
- Resources for Women & Minority-Owned Businesses
City Economic Development Resources
Call the City’s Economic Development Division at (805) 517-6213 to discover why your business will thrive in Moorpark. Whether you have permitting questions, location questions, or just plain Moorpark questions, we are here to help!
The City also offers the following free services through its partnership with the Economic Development Collaborative:
- Free Business Consulting
- Free Business Planning Advice and Consulting
- Access to lending programs, in addition to US Small Business Administration and commercial bank loans
To access these programs and services, please call (805) 384-1800 or visit www.edcollaborative.com.
Moorpark Market Studies and Reports
See what experts are saying about Moorpark when they look at our vibrant community:
- Kosmont Survey: “Very Low Cost Place to Do Business”: The LA Business Journal reports on the Kosmont Survey finding that “Also in the very low cost category is nearby Moorpark in Ventura County, which was the only California city to make the 20 Least Expensive Cities list in the Kosmont-Rose Institute survey. It’s the first time in recent memory that a city less than 15 miles from L.A. County has made this list. Companies in Moorpark could take advantage of its minimal taxes and fees and still be close enough to sell to the huge L.A. market.”
- Moorpark Commercial Market Analysis: Keyser Marston Associates prepared a commercial market analysis for the City of Moorpark, evaluating existing commercial development in the City and examined market conditions in the City’s retail, office, industrial, and hotel sectors.
- SCAG Local Profile: The Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) profiled Moorpark in May 2019 and includes a thorough